Sunday, February 3, 2013

Showmanship for light breeds (Thoroughbred type)

Showmanship has got to be my specialty and bella's specialty. I trained her in showmanship and have won most times if i don't mess up the pattern. :)  

First for the doll position, when showing real showmanship, the dolls must look like they are holding a plate with their elbows at a 90% angle. This can be modified for higher and lower headsets.



Now for head gear for the showmanship horse you can show in either a bridle, or a halter with chain. Chain is NOT optional. My first picture will be of the bridle.

Now this is very important. The correct rule with horses with a bridle is to only square up the front two feet. In a halter it is all four. (This picture is of my friend and her horse at a dun factor class. Notice her horse is squared.)



Chain lenght is very important. The doll should NEVER be hanging on to the chain EVER! I see this so much! This is dangerous and hurts! There should be at most 5 chain lengths out the side of the halter ring.



My chain here is much too long!



The horse here with the silver halter, her chain is much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment