Friday, January 18, 2013

New Blog!

Well I decided to start a blog of my model horse showing and tack making! First I'll explain my name for the blog. Ring My Bell or "Bella" is my oldenburg/Thoroughbred mare. She is 10! Shes growing up! I've owned her for 2 years now! I first was going to show her as she is a level 4 jumper, but I found out I have tasal Coalition. This is a condition of the ankle/feet where the tarsal bones fuse together. Because of this, I have decreased movement of my ankle. This decreased movement also makes it hard to walk normaly, and do many physical activities such as running. So due to this it is hard for me to hold 2 point without nerve pain and my ankle spraining on me. So I came to model horses! Because I own so much tack this allows me to look at it as close as I please without the owner being creaped out because I OWN IT! :) Also another condition I have is Aspbergers syndrome which is a type of high functioning autism. This allows me to ne extremely attentive towards detail and borderline obsessed. lol!   I have been interested in model horses for about 2 years but I didn't really get into it until 1 year ago! I have since found model horse tack making myself cheaper and keeps me busy. I also had a severe concussion on March 31, 2012 and am still recovering but due to being house ridden for 6 months I got a lot of tack made! I will now post pictures!

This is a picture of bella! This is a 3 foot jump and also her sale photo from 2 years ago but I still love this picture! She is 15.3 and definitly the boss of the barn.

this is the second arabian costume I have ever made. This is now retired from the show ring but it did well for me in the youth classes!

this is my first dressage set! It is also now retired and am saving for a new dressage set. I find that even though I ride english, western saddles are easier for me to make. So I now buy all my english tack except for racing tack.

This is my second western saddle ever and has many firsts under it's name. I still show this one but I just finished a new Show saddle that is much prettier!

this is my first native american costume that also comes in high places

This is one of my first show halters but now this same halter has been upgraded to have a rolled throatlatch, and a buckle under the head

this is one of the best show bridles I've done. The picture dosn't do it any justice
I will be uploading pictures of my newest show tack as these are all a few months old.
My next blog will be about my herd!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post very much.please keep sharing of knowledges with us.
    saddles and tack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early entries are already up on the companies online auction site along with the May Online Auction for Quarter Horses and Paints and the May Online Auction for Sport Horses and Ponies. cheap horse bits for sale

    ReplyDelete