Friday, June 7, 2013

Cat update



The cat I rescued a week ago I still with me.   This is her story.   

Last week I was asked by a fellow boarder at my horse barn to see if I recognized a new cat.  I went to go look where she was which was in the corner of the arena and I had never seen the cat before. I noticed she didn't look good and she wasn't moving at all. I went to ride to see if she would move and she didn't at all. After I was done riding I went for the cat. I took her to the sink and gave her a bath to remove the sand and bird debris in her long hair coat.  After the bath I offered her food and shaved the worst mats out of her coat. She took some but was so weak she couldn't lift her head. (picture 1).  
I brought her home and due to the possibility of feline leukemia and FIV I was only allowed to keep her In my garage in a dog crate. I took the cat to my neighbors house (she works at a vet school) and we found out she was in shock and extremely dehydrated. I offered food and water and set her in the crate for bed. (picture 2)





The next day I decided I was gonna get rid of most of the mats that claimed her coat and shaved some areas down. I also found that she was declawed and obviously was a house pet. I took her to the vet to see if she had a microchip and what gender. We found her to not have any ID and was a spayed female. I also had the chance to weigh her and she weighed a mighty 6.4 pounds.  She should be over 10 pounds.








After a day or so of never seeing this boney cat eat I pulled out a syringe and started force feeding and we scheduled a visit to the vet.  A day before the vet she started eating on her own. We were now getting concerned because she hasnt used the restroom for 7 days +.  But the stress of the vet made her start moving again.  We left the vet that day with negative feline leukemia/ FIV test, negative worms test, a dewormer tablet, and a stool softner. The picture is of her waiting for her test results


That night she was moved to my restroom for a larger space and we added a litter box. She ended up getting stuff stuck In her tail making her uncomfortable, stinking up the room, and creating a mess. So I shaved her tail partly.   


This morning I noticed some blood and I was also waiting for another blood tests result. I also saw she was refusing food again. This blood test showed she was animic, and had some sort of infection. And for the eatting I was given perscription cat food, and two antibiotics.  By the time before I wrote this, she started eating and drinking all by herself and she even used the litter box.  Her name is Hope and will be going to a new permanent home on Tuesday, only because I'm very allergic.   Now for a funny face of my dog!


1 comment:

  1. Great story! She owes you so much. And I love the picture of your dogs face! :)

    ReplyDelete