Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Squamous-cell carcinoma

Unfortunately yesterday the vet was out for normal fall shots and teeth. Of course my horse was sore and she checked her feet and while she asked " has her eyelid always been this swollen?" And I say "what swelling?" And she showed me this:   
 
Then she said it felt hard, and I felt it and sure enough it was very hard and fairly large. I was told it was one of two things. Inflammation from the flies or skin cancer.  We opted to have a biopsy to find out what it is. 
So we now wait.  The vet comes back in two weeks to remove the stitches. 

3 comments:

  1. :( So sorry! Oh, I showed Kripton with the tack. We didn't place, but I enjoyed it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna go check on her soon and clean the dried blood off. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! I'll be hoping that she gets better quickly!!

    ReplyDelete